Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh the Holidays!! Filled with love and joy, food and family. Since all my sisters are married with in-laws of their own, my family usually waits to celebrate Thanksgiving when we can spend the whole day together. That way everyone can spend all of Thanksgiving day with their husband's family so they don't have to split the day between the two. This means I get to celebrate Thanksgiving day with Matt's family as well! They are so sweet and always make me feel welcome at their family functions. We had a glorious meal (ate waaay too much THEN had desert too! ha) then a lot of us played dominos. I lost big time, but we all had fun! Then I headed over to my parents house. Thankfully, Julie and Neil got to come down and visit with us for the weekend! Lisa, Bart, Bryce and Griffin came to spend the evening with us too!

Friday morning, my alarm began buzzing at 4:14 am! Julie and I were on the hunt for some great after Thanksgiving deals. We grabbed some water bottles and granola bars and we were on our way! Our first stop was Kohl's and I think I went a little overboard... Kohl's was out of shopping carts so Julie and I had to carry all of our goods around the store in giant shopping bags. I was so loaded down by the size of some of my purchases and felt like a bull in a china cabinet! Finally we found a spot to make "home base" and took turns: one person watched the purchases and the other ran off to find the next item on our list. I bought a glorious memory foam pillow (in a giant box) at 60% off and a luxurious sherpa throw made of the softest material I have ever found in a blanket. I also scored some great Christmas gifts for some people on my list! Next stop, Target! This is where things got a little more hectic. Everyone had shopping carts, so it felt a lot more crowded, and the lines were backed up throughout the store. But, we fought through the crowds and no one got trampled. We found more good deals here and at Mardels and Hobby Lobby! Then we headed home for a food power up. Mom made us a wonderful breakfast: Eggs and bacon, biscuits and gravy it was deeeelicious! It was then that we reuinted with our old Game Cube. It was fun playing those old games again. We enjoyed spending the day together talking and laughing and ended out the day with a little more shopping until we crashed that night after our long day. I think you could say we shopped until we dropped.

Saturday is when our "Thanksgiving" happened. Karen and Kenny came back from visiting his family in Kansas and my whole family got to spend the day together. Matt came down to celebrate with us too! At the end of the day I caught these three racing Mario Kart together!

They look so serious :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL i forgot about that target picture! I need to post my "abyss" video ;) that was a great day, thanks for going with me!

    ReplyDelete