Monday, November 23, 2009

Good eats!

One of the fundraisers we choose to do for our Horsefeathers project was to sell tickets to a pancake breakfast at Applebees. This allowed us to raise money ahead of time by selling tickets then have the breakfast on a Saturday after the project was over and everyone had a little extra time. Our wonderful families both supported us by buying tickets and coming to the event! It was a great opportunity for our parents to get to know each other a little bit better, and it was a lot of fun. I love spending time with our families and I am so glad they were able to come eat with us!


Here we are full of pancakes! Sitting in the Shannon Miller booth. :) The lighting wasn't so good, so the picture is pretty low quality, but I did what I could to improve it.

Matt's headboard and bed frame that he ordered way back on September 11th finally came in, so his parents brought that up with them and set it up after breakfast. I think it was worth the 2 month wait. The wood is a dark stain and it has a leather inset headboard. It looks spectacular and really ties the black armour he refinished in with some of the other dark wood pieces of furniture he has.
This is the Armour that Matt refinished earlier this year. He did an incredible job!
Here is his new bed frame and bedding! What can I say, he's got style.

Then today I got to enjoy more delicious food! Today at work was my department's Thanksgiving celebration. I brought some yummy Turtle Brownies with Walnuts! The people who organized the lunch were worried about having enough food for my entire department but we ended up having TONS of leftovers! They packed everything up afterwards and could barely close the refrigerator in my department. They joked about taping it shut hehe. Needless to say there will be leftovers tomorrow (my day off, my loss) and maybe enough for Wednesday as well! There's a lot to be thankful for including delicious long lasting feasts and wonderful people.
P.S. I love these sweet boys :) Bryce wanted Grandpa to set Griffin right next to him in the chair. He got the pillows set up just right so Griffin would be comfortable, then he snuggled Griffin and gave him sweet kisses! So precious.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea for a pancake breakfast!! That was smart planning to have it AFTER the project was done too!

    Matt's headboard looks so nice and classy, and way to go on the refinishing! That takes some skill :)

    Bryce and Griffin are so cute! I bet Bryce can't wait until Griff is big enough to wrestle with him ;)

    ReplyDelete