Saturday, October 17, 2009

Welcome to our blog! I always enjoy reading my friends and sisters blogs. It is such a good way to keep up will all the exciting things that are going on in their lives! So I was inspired to start one of my own to give everyone a peek into my day to day. I started brainstorming names for the blog and came to find out that Matt wanted in on it too! He’s so sweet and supportive! So here it is… the Legend of Matt and Lori!

Today I decided to cook something new for Matt and myself for lunch. I found this recipe online and had a really high rating! So I decided we had to try it for ourselves. It is basically cream cheese, chicken and chives wrapped up in a croissant roll then rolled in butter and crushed croutons. Here they are once they came out of the oven. I decided to melt extra cheese on top of two of them and made some cheese broccoli rice as a side. They were delicious! So rich and creamy. We can’t wait to make them again and try different kinds of “stuffing” in them. Matt suggested bacon, YUM!

For his birthday in September Matt’s parents got him a beautiful new TV stand, so while I was cooking Matt started refinishing the two little tables the TV used to sit on to re-purpose them either into bedside or end tables. My boss from when I was a nanny/Matt’s neighbor told us he had painted a dresser red and put black stain on top and it turned out really well. So Matt went to work painting the tables red, then staining them black. I think they look great! Good job honey!


Later, I met up with two of my very best friends Kaleigh and Meagan at Chili’s. We always have such a fun time when we get together, chatting and laughing. I love hearing updates about their wedding plans and everything else they have going on. I am so thankful for my amazing friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment