Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Since I have Tuesday’s off work at my internship this semester I got the wonderful opportunity to go on an outing with my sister, her two little boys (Bryce and Griffin), and my mom! We went to Chester’s Party Barn. I always have fun spending time with my family and my sweet nephews bring the biggest smiles to my face.

On our drive we saw a HUGE hawk perched on a fence post and a pasture full of cows. Once we arrived at Chester’s Bryce pointed to a big barn and told me he wanted to go to the zoo. I thought that was a funny thing to say until I saw the sign “Petting zoo” above and realized he was reading that word. WOW what a smart boy! He’s only 4.

We went into the little zoo and got to see sheep, goats, llamas, mini horses, cute little chickens, and even a few peacocks! We spent some time petting these animals and my mom bought some food so that Bryce could feel how silly their soft lips felt on his hand. He was cracking up the entire time! Next we went to see some bigger animals outside the barn. There were a couple of sweet donkeys and longhorn cattle with their babies.





He loved petting the animals. He kept laughing when they would nibble at his hands and shirt.


We walked a little ways further and Bryce got to play “pumpkin bowling.” STRIKE on the first try! Then we went on a bumpy hay ride over to a corn maze and a wood maze. Bryce, Mom, and
I started through the maze (and got lost a little bit *wink*). Bryce is such a cutie. He found a long sturdy piece of hay from the field and pulled all the leaves off of it. He held it high in the air and told me, "If us get seperated, you'll know where I are!" so I could see his flag in the maze and find him. What a great plan!

Then we had fun on the giant slide!



Finally it was time for a pony ride. I asked, “Bryce are you a cowboy?” he said “YES!” :).

Then we got to pick out pumpkins to take home with us. Bryce found a really cool one that looked like it had a frowny face line across it. Can you guess the weight of this giant pumpkin? It was enormous! Maybe we will find out soon. The person with the closest guess gets a prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment